Tuesday 17 March 2009

Norah Wellings Doll 'Norene' Girl



I am so pleased to show another wonderful doll Ann Willis has sent to share with us. It seemed very fitting to put her on now after my article Mystery Dolls below as this little darling is also wearing a cape and she does not feature in my catalogues. She is a Norah Wellings Norene Girl. Ann has kindly sent this description of her.

My doll is 15 inches and has the label on her right foot. She has nylon pants and vest with straps. Her dress is voile (I think) and attaches with two poppers on the right shoulder. The underskirt is attached to the dress and is ruched and has a lined bodice, it fastens with 2 mother of pearl buttons with loops.She has nylon socks with velvet shoes with mother of pearl buttons. A red cloak with hood, very soft velvet , like art silk, lined with pinky beige satin, it also fastens with a mother of pearl button. Her hair ribbons are not original. I don't know if she originally had plaits but the hair is too thin to do anything else.

Wonderful Norene girl I did ask Ann if she felt the cape was original and she thinks it is, also by the material and construction it sounds like it would be. The catalogues I have do show a few Norene Dolls with dresses similar to this but none of them have a cape. Once again if anyone else has her pictured somewhere I would love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment